I adapted this recipe from my lemon curd ice cream recipe. The bright flavor of the lime and green flecks of zest make this delicious, refreshing ice cream a simple, yet company-worthy treat.
Lime Curd Ice Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lime curd
- zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- juice of 2 limes
- Bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until thick and light lemon colored, about 1 minute.
- Pour the milk into the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, to temper the egg yolks.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime curd, lime zest, cream, and lime juice, in order, mixing well between each addition.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight before churning in ice cream freezer according to manufacturer’s instructions.