Hold onto your hats, boys and girls. What follows could very well change your life. OK, that may be overstating things a bit, but you really won’t believe how delicious this recipe is. With this in your repertoire, you will have a new recipe to impress your friends and family. And best of all — it’s almost embarrassingly simple.
Thanks to The Wicked Noodle for the inspiration for this recipe.
- 1 ½ pints (3 cups) heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread*
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat 1 cup cream, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until soft to medium peaks form, approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Do not overbeat (unless you fancy cinnamon butter).
- Scrape whipped cream into a lidded container. Cover and refrigerate.
- In same mixing bowl (no need to wash), beat chocolate hazelnut spread and remaining 2 cups whipping cream to soft peaks, again about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scrape mousse into a lidded container. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve mousse topped with cinnamon whipped cream in individual serving dishes.
Yields 6 servings.
* Nutella is the best-known brand of chocolate hazelnut spread, but there are others. For example, Cost Plus World Market has its own brand, which is every bit as good as Nutella, and quite a bit cheaper.