It’s day 3 of Ice Cream Week, and today’s theme is Sorbet (or Other Non-dairy Frozen Treats). I’m opting for “Other” with this frozen wine slushy treat.
This wine slush can be enjoyed two ways: as an eat-with-a-spoon slushy or a wine punch.
Either way, it’s a refreshing summery treat.
Frozen Wine Slushy
- 1 750-ml bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 12-ounce can frozen lemonade
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- Sparkling limeade or lemon-lime soda (for punch variation)
- Stir together wine, lemonade, and cranberry juice. Freeze for 3 to 4 hours, until fairly solid. The wine will keep the mixture from freezing firm.
- For frozen wine slush, scoop frozen mixture into glasses and serve with a spoon.
- For slushy wine punch, fill glass about 3/4 full with frozen slush, then top with sparkling limeade or lemon-lime soda. Serve as is or with a straw.
I will be serving this at our next summer dinner party. It’s easy, refreshing, and delicious.
Margaret is 3 for 3 in Ice Cream Week so far, turning in this wonderful looking Pina Colada Sorbet for today’s entry. Di made a beautiful Raspberry Sorbet. My wife would love Rebecca’s Mango Ice. And Abby made Homemade Waffle Cones to serve it all!
Coming up tomorrow: we’re going “Nuts for Ice Cream” with Molasses Almond Praline Ice Cream.